As an Amazon affiliate, we earn a commision from qualifying purchases.
Kids grow up pretty fast and in the process outgrow their electric cars.
For that reason, if your kiddo is now 12 years and still obsessed with the electric cars, you may want to go for something bigger to fit him/her (and a car that is probably faster).
Which brings me to electric cars for 12 year olds to drive – browse the picks we have made for you below and surprise your 12 year old boy or girl with a ride on car that will keep the fun going and going.
Electric cars for 12 year olds to drive [Our best picks]
If your kiddo can’t get enough of ride on cars and he is now a young teen, here are the electric cars for older kids that he/she is likely to fall in love with:
First up on our list of electric cars for 12 year olds to drive is the vintage-cool Razor dune buggy..
With this power wheels for 12 year olds, your son/daughter will get plenty of buggy thrills thanks to its fast speed (it’s noticeably faster) and awesome torque.
The features of the updated dune buggy include a bucket seat, knobby tires, diamond plate floorboard, and terrain following suspension.
Oh, and this electric powered go-kart comes nearly fully assembled.
You simply need to put on the flag, attach the throttle, check the tire pressure, and plug it in to charge it.
Out there, it’s amazing and you can even upgrade the battery (and ECS) once your kid needs even more speed!
- Recommended ages: 8+
- Weight limit: 120-pound
- Max speed: 10 MPH
- Motor: 350 watt
- Tires: 8” knobby pneumatic tires
- Seats: Bucket seats (with seatbelt)
- Runtime: Up to 40 minutes
- Frame construction: Powder coated finish (on tubular-steel frame)
- Others: Protective padding, Diamond plate floorboards, Hand throttle (and brake controls), Rear disc brake, Safety flag, Vertical storage
- Incredibly simple design
- Remarkably quick
- The workmanship seems perfect.
- This is not a drifting power wheels style Kart.
This great ATV can be a sensible choice for your 12 year old after Power Wheels- it’s an ATV Quad specifically built for older kids who really enjoy off-road play.
To be honest, this super off-roader is one of the most amazing 4wd electric dirt quads for kids we have ever seen – we think it can compete with an adult-size ATV quad like a champ!
Big tires (with soft rubber grips), twist-grip throttle control, rear disc brake, rear suspension, and adjustable riser handlebars are just some of the nice features included in this quad.
Get ready for action-packed adventure with this fun motorized vehicle thanks to the 500-watt electric motor (with high-torque gear set) and its remarkable acceleration ability-it reaches a high speed of 9mph (max) so this electric quad is noticeably fast.
It’s for kids aged 14 years and above but it is loved by even kiddos as young as 10 years (max weight limit is 220lbs).
- Recommended ages: 14+ (but safe and fun for kids from 10 years old)
- Weight limit: 220-pounds
- Max speed: 9 MPH
- Battery: 36V (three 12-V) sealed lead acid battery (with quick-change compartment)
- Runtime: up to 68 minutes (at a time)
- Motors: 500 watts
- Tires : pneumatic (soft rubber grips) on steel wheels
- Others: Variable-speed twist-grip throttle, rear disc brake , rear suspension , adjustable riser-style handlebars, shatter-resistant plastic fairings, powder-coated tubular steel frame, front brush bar, rear carry handle, space-saving vertical storage
- Solid tires
- Fantastic suspension action
- Decent weight which gives it stable control
- No reverse.
This features a p0werful 36-volt 1000w brushless motor, full-roll cage safety bars, positraction’, hydraulic rear brake, seat-belt, and most importantly, turf safe tires (to help save your grass).
This go-kart is super rugged so it lasts.
Other nice features include: battery meter, key start, forward and reverse, and three adjustable speeds.
Overall, it’s surely one of the best ride on cars for 12 year olds.
- Motor: 1000Watt
- Battery: 36 Volt (BRUSHLESS) -Three 12-volts,12mah Lead Acid batteries
- Runtime: up to 40 minutes (per charge)
- Speeds: 10mph, 15mph (and 20mph when optional plug is dis-connected)
- Reverse: Yes
- Charge time: 4 – 5 hours
- Weight limit: 154lbs
- Tires:14×4.00-6(6205-2z Bearing Size)
- Frame: High-Tensile Steel Tubular
- Throttle: Foot pedal
- Transmission: Chain Drive
- Parking brake: Yes
- Brake: Foot-operated Hydraulic Rear Disc
- Safety Features: Full Roll Bar, Seat Belt, Netting, and Full chain guard
- Very well built.
- Spacious enough for taller 12 year olds.
- Looks cute.
- Not as fast as the popular Legend RC Car.
Electric cars for 12 year olds to drive – other alternatives
12 year olds also find scooters and electric-powered motocross bikes fun so you can also consider the following products:
Segway Ninebot Electric Kick Scooter– This scooter can reach a Max Speed of 18.6MPH and it is extremely portable (it is foldable). Try it if your 12 year old likes scooters.
Razor Dirt Rocket Motocross Electric Off-Road Bike– This 24v dirt bike can also be great for adventurous 12 year olds. Key features include adjustable-angle, spoked wheels (with 12-inches pneumatic, knobby tires), riser-style handlebars, retractable kickstand, and a hand-operated rear brake
With regards to electric ride on vehicles in general, usually the maximum age is approximately 8 years old.
So if you’re looking for a good ride for your older child, we recommend that you expand your options to e-bikes and e-scooters (you can start with the scooter and dirt bike we have listed above).
We hope this helps!